All of our Outdoor rides are taken by qualified and experienced AustCycle coaches. No one is left behind on our rides. We aim to make the ride enjoyable while ensuring we adhere to road rules, bunch riding etiquette and keeping our riders safety top of mind.
Pricing for Outdoor sessions
Come and try an Outdoor Session on us, it’s your chance to test us out and we bet you’ll be hooked. Contact us at Cam’s to book in for your complimentary session.We have options to suit all budgets. Membership is the most economical – our coached outdoor rides are included, there are Monthly, Quarterly, 6 Monthly and Annual options, as well as our Personalised Training Program. Not sure that membership is your style or you’d like to test us out – you can try our casual training options, single sessions are $12 or a 10 session pack for $95.
Locations and Group details
The ride locations and degree of challenge change each week and are located on our calendar. We have several different levels of group rides available, Cruisers, Spinners, Chasers and Breakaways. The speeds outlined below are a guide – we will always ride at the pace of our slowest rider.
- The Cruisers are our more social group of riders and would average approximately 23 – 25 Km/h over a 4 hour long ride. They’re always welcoming of newcomers and happy to share their knowledge of road skills and bike etiquette. Cruisers rides are generally shorter than the rest of the groups, they still ride some challenging courses to practice hill climbing, descending and cornering.
- Our Spinners are the natural progression from the Cruisers group, having time to enhance their skills, etiquette and will ride at an approximate average speed of 25-27 Km/h. There is a step up in distance from the Cruisers and the course each week may be slightly more challenging.
- The Chasers group might have a more serious look about them; it doesn’t mean they’re not friendly though. This level of rider is starting to push a longer distance out on the road and their skill level is of an intermediate level, and the approx. average speed would be 28 -31 Km/h
- To ride with the Breakaways you’ll need to be an experienced road rider and have some endurance in your legs. These guys and gals will push the pace while still being able to chat and talk about their weekends. Generally riding over 100Km distance on their long rides with an average speed of 31-35 Km/h depending on the terrain.
Outdoor Ride Preparation
- Register online for the relevant ride by 9.30 pm the evening prior
- Helmets & Shoes are compulsory
- 2 drink bottle cages with full water bottles
- Enough food/nutrition to replenish each hour
- Identification on your person or in the pocket of your bike jersey
- Working Lights – front and rear
- Arrival 15 mins prior to start time to ensure tyres are pumped up, helmets/shoes/gloves/glasses are on ready to depart.
- If you have any injuries or health concerns please advise the coach prior to departure.