Cam’s Tour of Italy 13-28 June 2018
Contact us now to register your interest.
Come with us…. Cycle the epic mountains of Italy and the rolling hills of Tuscany
If you thought Cam’s Tour of Italy looked amazing last year – 2018 is looking even better. With extra days, extra climbs and optional rest days to explore on your own agenda – this is the trip of a lifetime. An exclusive international cycling holiday showcasing the best of Italy with time in Tuscany and the Italian Alps. A bucket list trip, cycling the worlds most popular climbs and passes in warm weather with great people, great coffee, the finest food and wine, in one of the most spectacular places on earth.
Italy is home the most incredible cycling regions in the world, including Tuscany and The Dolomites, home to mighty Passes like Stelvio and the Mortirolo where the scenery itself is mind blowing. In 2018 Cam’s Tour of Italy will take you to both. Italy is known to be an incredible place to visit and a very difficult place to leave.
Make no mistake though, the cycling here is tough. Most climbs are long and generally steeper than any you will have ridden before, you will need to bring some good legs and Cam’s will get you fit and ready to take full advantage of your trip. That said, in cycling terms, the rewards are equal of those on offer anywhere in the world, and most days your breath will be taken away by the scenery in these divine regions.
Thanks once again to our cycling friends in Italy, this package is extremely well priced providing you all with an amazing opportunity.
This is a land only package with support from the coaches at Cam’s Cycle Coaching. You will need to secure your own flights with arrival at Malpensa Airport by 13 June 2018* for departure to Tuscany early on 14 June.. So book flights that suit you, as some of you may wish to extend your time in Europe.
* CCC will provide accomodation for the night of 13th June.
Tour of Italy (land only) package includes:
- 8 full breakfasts
- 8 partly catered lunches
- 13 full dinners
- All transfers from Malpensa and back to Malpensa
Part 1 – Montalcino, Tuscany
- Team Dinner at 7:30pm at hotel in Malpensa on 13th June
- Transfer from Malpensa at 9:30am on the 14th June to Montalcino via vans hired for the trip by Cam’s Cycle Coaching
- Self-catered accommodation in a restored farmhouse surrounded by vineyards, olive trees and the Tuscan bush. The apartments are very spacious, tastefully refurbished and their rustic Tuscan feel has been carefully maintained. Located at Montecaprili, mid-way between Montalcino and Castelnuovo dell’Abate.
- Six days of easy to medium riding around the Brunello wine region of Val D’Orcia, through towns such as Montalcino, Pienza (the home of Pecorino cheese), San Quirico d’Orcia, Montechiello, Monte Amiate and Radicofani. These rides are generally easy, but as Tuscany is a series of valleys there are no flat rides, and most Tuscan towns are at the top of hills.
- Five dinners at restaurants in Montalcino, Montechiello and Pines and catered meals at the Farmhouse
- Three private wine tastings at small to medium sized wineries, with an option to hike from Montalcino to one of the wineries and hike back to Montecaprili (about 4 hours in total)
- Discounted wine purchases with shipment to Australia
Part 2 – Bormio, Italian Alps
- Transfer from Montalcino to Bormio (approx. 5 hours by bus)
- Six days of harder rides, with support from local cycling tour operator
- Half board (breakfast and dinner) accommodation in a typical Alpen family run hotel, catering for cyclists
- Ride over the Gavia, Motirolo and Stelvio passes, with ‘sag wagon’ support plus ‘bag (of dry kit) to top support’
- Two extra rides with guides (Bormio 3000, Lago di Concano and Livigno options)
- Packed lunches on selected days
- One sports massage per person per stay
- Daily bike kit washing service
- Room key controlled and security camera monitored secure bike storage area, with area for bike maintenance/washing
- Two dinners at local restaurants
- Discounted entry to Bormio Terme and Bagno Vigni indoor/outdoor pools, roman baths and wellness centres.
- PLUS a souvenir special edition ‘Cam’s Tour of Italy’ cycle jersey and polo shirt
- Depart Bormio 28th June at 8:00am and transfer back to Malpensa Airport
- Value PLUS for this incredible opportunity
Riding the Region
Part 1 – Warming up in Montalcino
Relax and unwind. You’ve done the training, so now it’s time to taper in Tuscany and enjoy a very relaxed setting, great food and fantastic wine experiences. Distances are 70-100km and you’ll climb 800m to 1000m most days. You will still have the odd challenge and a chance to test your form, but nothing that over exerts you. It’s up to you to control the urge to have a hit out. We will climb Monte Amiate, which rises to nearly 2000m, so there is ample opportunity to test yourself before the alps.
Part 2 – Getting a little more serious in Bormio
This is where the training kicks in. The riding is tough with long days of 100-130km. Bormio is at about 1300m so we will be constantly riding at altitude and on Stelvio we will climb to 2700m. There is always snow above Stelvio, so the air will be cool and windy through the valleys on the way up. The rides to Gavia and Stelvio offer little gradient relief from the start at our hotel in Bormio, and our ride over the Motirolo is preceded by 30km downhill to about 800m before we hit the 10km climb. Brisbane/Australian average speeds mean nothing here. It’s all about rhythm and relaxing. We will have recovery days between each long climbing day, but in the alps, every day is a climbing day.
Pricing for 2017 Trip (2018 coming soon).
The tour will cost is $5,200 for returning participants and Cam’s 12 mth members, $5,400 for Cam’s 6mth and 1mth members or $5,600 for non-members. All inclusions are listed above. Deposit of *$500 required to secure your spot no later than Friday 9 December.
Option to pay the balance full OR in five *instalments (9 January, 9 February, 9 March, 9 April and 9 May 2017) of:
- $955 for 12 month members/returning Italy participants
- $996 for 6 month and 1 month members
- $1,038 for non-members
*Please be aware that the monthly instalments have a payment processing fee attached and are not an even breakdown from the upfront cost. If you do wish to pay the amount upfront, full payment will not due until 31 January 2017.
Flights to the tour start, from the tour finish, and any travel insurances are your own cost and responsibility.
* Deposit is non refundable and required by Friday 16 December.
Register your interest here TOUR OF ITALY. No places will be held without deposits.
View the last years 2017 details in the TOUR OF ITALY Guide Book. (2018 COMING SOON)
View the DAILY ITINERARY and maps. (2017 tour attached – 2018 COMING SOON)
Full 2017 Terms & Conditions HERE.
Postcards from Cam’s Tour of Italy 2016